Friday, June 5, 2009

Redundant Autobiographical Stuff About Me Pt. 1

     Yup, I shaved my head once when I was young. I didn't do it to make a statement, or to start a movement, or to cry for help. I wanted to see what kind of head I had under there. It felt lumpy under my fingertips when I would wash or style it, but it turned out I had a head shape over which people went nuts.
I'd prepared myself for every reaction except the two I received. I told myself to anticipate hateful laughter, disgust, mistrust and gay lust. So blah blah blah I went to the mall and it was like I'd gone undercover. People looked right through me! Those who didn't ignore me were my friends who, for the most part, were delighted and intrigued. I have plenty of anecdotes from when I was bald, but I'm going to do something productive while I have daylight, and hopefully post something I've created. Without comments, it's hard for me to tell what's worth recording and what's worth reading and so forth.

(If you care, pictured above: Jen Gaewsky holds the clipperss, and I think Crissie A. and Anni N. watch, arms folded as I don't know quite how to feel about becoming a walking GI Jane, Sinead O'Connor, Britney Spears punchline)

I'd also like to add that yesterday I had an "us day" with Mr. Bucci and he had taken out a giant book of work from my favorite artist, James Christensen. I have a renewed love and appreciation for them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment