Friday, June 5, 2009

Defaced & Refaced

Dennis Nolan, one of my favorite people on Earth happened to be a professor of mine at Hartford Art School, where I received my BFA in Illustration. Shown here is a small detail of a watercolor interperetation of an oil painting by one of my all-time favorite painters, John Singer Sarjent(sp?) where the little girls have had their heads replaced by different fish of the deep. They are barracuda, pirana and some sort of creepy anglerfish. I miss getting assignments. I miss breaking the rules. Self-initiated assignments aren't as fun because I don't have anything or anyone to defy! That really doesn't sound like me as far as personality, but when it comes to painting, I've always colored outside the lines. Now, I leave you to recover from that painful cliche and reflect on whatever it was you were doing before you read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment