Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I've Actually Been Productive

This first one has since been repaired and attached to a little platform. If you look closely, the left foot is broken from taking a nasty spill on photoshoot day. It now also has some fluffy black hair and a spruced up makeup job. I can't rotate the image because I am too lazy. Yes, that makes "can't" appropriate.


These one-of-a-kind originals will all be available for purchase in the future, after I take some decent photos and detach from them emotionally.
I love to mix my media.


My mother thought this one was hilarious... it's the only one I showed her with a serious undertone. Based on the idea of not knowing why the caged bird sings, the body is a little sterling silver birdcage with a tiny bird inside. I realize it looks like a racist image, but bear in mind these are all the same color when in process, and I let them form organically. In other words, I wasn't aiming for race of any sort (yes I know Maya Angelou is a black woman and she wrote I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings) let alone the derogatory "sambo" image. I leave that to Michael Ray Charles.
The cellphone camera didn't want to capture this one without washing out the facial details.

My friend named this one Boris. I don't see any reason to call it anything else... except the dress.
Due for a paint touch-up.
Pants are never necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment